Below is a Mechanical Engineer Internship which is available at CSIR. The details regarding the opportunity from the employer can be found below. Please make sure you read through all guidelines before applying.
- Perform measurements and develop operation procedures on various composite materials in the laboratory and document the procedures for future application for Infrared Thermographic Testing (IRT) and Shearographic Testing (ST).
- Perform testing on composite materials using the micro-focus x-ray unit to assess the performance of the system on composite materials
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A national diploma in mechanical engineering.
- Software development skills.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks in a team context.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately and meticulously.
- Must be a problem-solver, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a definite self-starter.
- Must have knowledge of the following non-destructive methods:
- Infrared Thermographic Testing
- Shearographic Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Micro-focus x-ray Testing
- South African citizenship is necessary as security clearance is required for this position.
How to Apply:
Closing Date: 31 January 2013
To apply online please click HERE.