The SACTWU BURSARY SCHEME is now available for 2013. All the details have been outlined below as per SACTWU. Please make sure you go through the details before lodging your application online.
From the Bursary:
SACTWU manages South Africa ‘s biggest trade union bursary fund. The scheme offers members and their dependents financial support to study at universities, technikons and certain other higher education institutions. The fund was started in 1975 with a small solidarity contribution by trade union members to help support each other to meet the education expenditure of their children.
Today the fund is made up of contributions from workers and companies and through funds generated by SACTWU’s investment company. Since the beginning, millions of rands have been paid out in bursaries to thousands of young South Africans whose parents work in the industry.
The Bursary Scheme has the following features:
- All bursaries are non-repayable.
- SACTWU members, their husbands or wives, their children and legally adopted children, as well as staff members can apply for a bursary.
- The bursary is paid directly to the university, technikon or college.
- The educational institution must be registered with the National Department of Education.
- The bursary does not cover 100% of the fees. The student must pay the remaining percentage of the fees.
- Next application deadline is 28, February 2013
How to Apply:
Click the following Links to download the Rules and Application Forms
If you have any questions regarding bursary applications, you can contact
Sactwu Bursary Department
PO Box, 18359, Dalbridge, 4014
Tel: (031) 301-1351
Fax: (031) 305-1039